Overview to apply for passport
A passport is generally required when traveling abroad. In some countries – especially in USA – an identity card can also be used to enter the country. You can obtain critical information on this from the authorities of your destination country. It is valid for ten years; six years for persons under 24 years of age. In the following article, we get to know about How to apply for passport? So don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it’s going to be very useful for you guys.
Passports cannot be extended. Please note that the key must be suitable for a certain period beyond the stay in some countries.
The application for a passport should be made at the place of the primary residence. If you get married, you will not be able to apply for new ID documents until eight weeks before the wedding at the earliest. Please bring the certificate from the registry office with you on the marriage date and the future name.
Processing time/processing status
After applying, it takes about five to six weeks for to issue your passport. With the help of the document number you receive when applying for your visa, you can always find out the current processing status using the online form below.
Express passport / temporary passport
You can have an express passport issued. This usually takes four working days. Please note that there is a higher fee. More information can be found below on this page. In urgent cases (for example, three days before the start of a trip), you can have a provisional passport issued, but only in connection with a standard key. Information on the required documents can be found below.
An appointment is required for this request. You can find the online appointment arrangement under “Forms and Links.”
Proceed to apply for passport
An appointment is required for the interview in the service center as well as in the branch offices.
Emergencies or particularly urgent matters
Please note that emergency matters also require an appointment to make in advance. To do this, you can contact us by phone (see contact) or send an email (see reference) to the relevant department with a description of your emergency.
Personal interview to apply for passport
The passport application for minors must submitted by the legal representative (father, mother, or guardian) in person and accompanied by the child. The signature and the submission of the fingerprint (finger scan) must be provided when applying.
Required Documents to apply for passport
- When applying for the first time, the child ID card or child’s passport, otherwise the previous document (if available)
- Current, biometric photo according to ICAO standard (requirements: not older than six months, black and white or colored, in the size of 35 by 45 millimeters in portrait format without border in the frontal photo, the face height 32-36 millimeters from chin to hairline. Please note the photo sample board from Bundesdruckerei)
- When applying for naturalization or marriage, the birth certificate, marriage certificate, or the family register. Possibly naturalization certificate, if the naturalization took place recently.
- Identity card
Special features / additional documents when applying to minors:
- Consent of both legal guardians. However, if this is the parents, it is sufficient if one parent is present and presents a power of attorney and ID (verification of the signature) from the other parent. A power of attorney can given informally, But you can also use the form offered below.
- If one of the parents has died, a death certificate (if this has not yet recorded in the population register)
- If the marriage divorced, the custody order (with final notice)
- For single persons, a negative certificate from the youth welfare office. This must not be older than three months.
- In the case of care or foster care, which includes the right to determine the place of residence with the reservation of consent, the appointment of the carer or the court order
Additionally, with the provisional passport.
- When applying (at the latest when picking up), booking confirmation or similar should present.
Costs to apply for passport
For the exhibition
- The people up to 24 years of age, the fee is 37.50 (express passport 69.50 )
- For people aged 24 and over, the price is 60 (express key 92 )
The price for a temporary visa is 26 .
Delivery service for ready-made identity cards and passports
For delivery by bicycle courier, which must commission when applying, a one-time fee of 4.50 charge.
The fee is payable when applying. The following payment options are available to you:
- EC card
- Credit card
- Foreign debit card
- Apple Pay and Google Pay
There are no further fees for cashless payment.
Also, read the relatable article: how to lose weight fast without exercise